[ntp:questions] Any experience with Meinberg NTP software on Windows 7?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 20:33:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:56 AM, unruh <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
> On 2011-02-23, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> If timekeeping on Windows is critical, consider getting a PPS signal sent
>> round to the PCs which matter.  You need pay no more that US $35 for a PPS
>> source:
>>
>>   http://www.sureelectronics.net/goods.php?id=99
>
> Except there is no indication that this thing puts out a PPS signal.

You need to download and read the user manual.  The PPS output is on pin "TP9".

But really, I think the Sure Electronics unit was only used as an
example to show that there are GPS receivers that would work and don't
cost much.  There are many others also under $50 and almost all are
from 10X to 1000X more accurate than needed for NTP.

--
=====
Chris Albertson