[ntp:questions] still not able to get NTP to sync on windows 7 even w/ more updated binaries

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Feb 25 15:51:46 UTC 2011

> one more graph, the drift file. link is below. Interestingly, the
> drift file values on win7 do not get written out for a long time,
> after the win7 somewhat starts to stablilize.
>

> http://www.atl.external.lmco.com/projects/QoS/documents/feb24_drift.png
>
> Gautam

There's a big clue there, but I'm not sure what it tells us - perhaps that
NTP needs one long run before it stabilises?  I'm not sure when the drift
file /should/ be written - once an hour is the rate, and I think NTP has
to be fairly certain of the value before it first writes anything - others
here will surely know.

Cheers,
David