[ntp:questions] Linux : ntp-dev-4.2.7p84 : Local clock not getting synced.

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Wed Jan 5 16:47:10 UTC 2011

Steve Kostecke wrote:

> On 2011-01-04, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de> wrote:
>
>> I also appreciate Heiko's suggestion for a new syntax. Hm his posting via
>> the questions list has not yet made it to my news server. I'm wondering
>> whether it will still appear ...

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.time.ntp/browse_thread/thread/ce8f08416c73628b#

I see.

However, Heiko's article has not yet made it to the news server I'm using at
the company (provided by German Telekom) nor to a German news server I'm
using from home (albasani.net).

So anything goes wrong. I don't know how articles from the questions list
are forwarded to the usenet, and I also don't know to which news server
they are forwarded. Maybe that news server does not propagate all articles
properly to other news swervers, or whatever.

--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren
Bad Pyrmont