[ntp:questions] GPX18x LVC 3.50 firmware - high serial delay problem workround

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Jan 16 07:13:32 UTC 2011

"unruh" <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message
news:slrnij3r8s.a4g.unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca...
[]
> So you are separating the PPS from the nmea, and wondering how to get
> them together again? The best way is for the same program to look at the
> PPS and the nmea so it can associate them. Your process is to
> deliberately
> separate them and then wondering why it is hard to associate them
> again.

No.  I am trying to resolve a problem where the reference NTP software
produced occasional large jumps in my original configuration, and
reporting how I updated the configuration to a successful resolution.  I
am not separating anything at all - the signals which come from the GPS
device are already separate, and it is the reference NTP which
"associates" them.

Cheers,
David