[ntp:questions] linux client configuration

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Thu Jan 20 22:37:50 UTC 2011

> So I had to use RESTRICT word only with IP address ? And If my ntp server
> changes IP ?! I have to change my  manually 'restrict entry' ntp.conf !?

What problem are you tring to solve?

If you want to use names, you should use 4.2.6p1 (or later) or 4.2.7p22
(or later) and use 'restrict source'.

But we're back to "are your reasons for wanting to use restrict
compelling enough to go to this much effort, and if so, what additional
items should you be looking at?"