[ntp:questions] PC DCF-77 signal emulation?

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 20:43:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 19:56 PM, Chris Albertson
<albertson.chris at gmail.com> wrote:
> A WWVB simulator is very simple but I want to use it for testing so
> I'm adding features like the abilty to add random noise and drop outs
> and to run faster than real time or with large offsets to true UTC so
> I doubt I'll have it done this weekend.  You asked for DCF-77 but
> changing bit encooding to the German standard is easy.

If you find it easy to generate both WWVB and DCF-77 bitstreams from a
single program, that hints it might be productive to extend the NTP
reference clock drivers for one to also handle the other, and get rid
of some code duplication as well as increase the bug-hunting audience
for the combined driver.

Cheers,
Dave Hart