[ntp:questions] DCF77 support in the Windows NTP port?

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 21:24:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 20:25 UTC, Terje Mathisen wrote:
> Chris Albertson wrote:
>> Is there a special version of NTP for Windows?  I thought the same
>> source built on all platforms.
>
> It is the same source, but with "WIN*" defined, nearly all the refclock
> drivers are stubbed out, similar to bulding with --disable-all-clocks and
> then enabling a couple.

By the numbers, the majority are still not enabled for Windows, but
typically it's quite easy these days as
refclock_open("/dev/symlink11") opens COM11: on Windows.  Quite a few
drivers have been enabled in the last 2 years.  Here's the current
set:

# define CLOCK_ACTS
# define CLOCK_ARBITER
# define CLOCK_ARCRON_MSF
# define CLOCK_ATOM
# define CLOCK_CHU
# define CLOCK_CHRONOLOG
# define CLOCK_DUMBCLOCK
# define CLOCK_HOPF_SERIAL
# define CLOCK_HOPF_PCI
# define CLOCK_JUPITER
# define CLOCK_LOCAL
# define CLOCK_NMEA
# define CLOCK_ONCORE
# define CLOCK_PALISADE
# define CLOCK_SPECTRACOM
# define CLOCK_TRIMBLEDC
# define CLOCK_TRIMTSIP 1
# define CLOCK_TRUETIME

That's not to claim they all work correctly.  Enabling parse would be
a great step forward, but it's also a great hunk of code so not as
easy as others.

Cheers,
Dave Hart