[ntp:questions] Controlling the combine algorithm

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Sun Jul 3 03:21:15 UTC 2011

On 2011-07-02, David L. Mills <mills at udel.edu> wrote:

> The combine algorithm operates on the survivors of the cluster
> algorithm, as described on the "How NTP Works" page. The number of
> survivors can be set using the minclock option. I'm not sure why you
> want to do this, but the option is there.

Dave,

I've been having a discussion with someone who wishes to configure a
large number of unicast time servers and restrict the number of
survivors to a number below the default. He was attempting to accomplish
this using maxclock option, but it did not work.

Thanks,

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>