[ntp:questions] Meinberg software running under Vista/Windows 2008

Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" at ntp.org
Thu Jul 7 07:12:44 UTC 2011

Chris Albertson wrote:
> If you are really worried about loosing track of true UTC time then
> buy a GPS receiver or if you are very concerned by three of them from
> three different manufacturers  Having multiple GPSes that do not share
> common parts is nearly fool proof.  These would serve a reference
> clocks for three NTP servers.   Doing this is not quite as "nuts" as
> it sounds.   I bet you could set up all three for under $1K if you
> used existing computers

Using Garmin 18 and SURE for two of those will leave you nearly $900 for
the last clock, so that is obviously doable. :-)

If you pick up a Motorola Oncore UT+ as the last clock you'll have a
proven extremely good reference (15-25 ns RMS offset from true UTC?) and
still end up with maybe $800 in your pocket.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>