[ntp:questions] Meinberg software running under Vista/Windows 2008

unruh unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca
Thu Jul 7 18:58:33 UTC 2011

On 2011-07-07, Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Terje Mathisen <"terje.mathisen at
> tmsw.no"@ntp.org> wrote:
>> Chris Albertson wrote:
>
>> Using Garmin 18 and SURE for two of those will leave you nearly $900 for the
>> last clock, so that is obviously doable. :-)
>>
>> If you pick up a Motorola Oncore UT+ as the last clock you'll have a proven
>> extremely good reference (15-25 ns RMS offset from true UTC?) and still end
>> up with maybe $800 in your pocket.
>

> If this is a hobby server running in your house then you can get buy
                                                                by?^^^
> with just some bare PCBs on a table.  But these are critical business
If you want to put them into a box to make them look better, go ahead.
That adds an extra $10 to the price.

> servers so I assume the OP runs a business and needs to follow the
> electrical code and can let an antenna lead go out an open window.

He can just put the antenna in the inside of the window. I have done
this with the sure, and get adequate signals to run the time.

> The biggest part of the budget wil be the roof mounted antenna.  For

And why is he roof mounting it?

> that you need a mast that is grounded to a ground rod. You need some

Just put it on a plate flat on the roof. Why put it on a mast?