[ntp:questions] NTP rootdispersion issue.

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Wed Jul 13 20:17:08 UTC 2011

Rob wrote:
> Pranay Kumar Srivastava <Pranay.Shrivastava at hcl.com> wrote:
>> The following is a snippet of the debug log of ntpd in our environment. There's only 1 server configured and another is the local clock.
>
> Before you go on, first remove the local clock.

Correct!

Then provide valid servers for the upstream server.

Note that one common cause of excessive root distances is trying to
synchronise to a default installation of w32time, so replace any
instances of w32time with a copy of the reference ntpd, or change many
registry keys to make it behave as a valid, if not good, NTP server.