[ntp:questions] Single GPS/PPS time source gets marked as a falseticker

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Wed Jul 13 21:49:29 UTC 2011

Michael Eder wrote:
> We have looked at our GPS on a scope, the PPS it is dead on and the NMEA
> (just one sentence) is also reliable with about a 680 ms latency and 10 ms
> jitter.

680ms with an estimated error of the order of 10ms (I can't remember the
default minimum distance).  0 not in 680 +/- 20.

As far as I know, SHM doesn't actually treat PPM specially, so you will
need a minimum distance of more than 680ms setting, or you will need to
fudge out the 680ms skew (and still possibly have to increase minimum
distance a bit).