[ntp:questions] ntpd

Valera valera.sigaev at developonbox.ru
Fri Jul 29 13:47:11 UTC 2011

Hello.

I have some issues with ntp-4.2.6p3 package which was downloaded from
www.ntp.org
I did all build stages such as: ./configure and make. After that I tried
to execute obtained ntpd binary file with arguments "-p
/var/run/ntpd.pid -g". Full execution string is: sudo
~/ntp-4.2.6p3/ntpd/ntpd -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g
The ntpd binary file related to my ubuntu 11.04 reliase works and
syncronizes time with default ubuntu time servers fine. But ntpd from
ntp-4.2.6p3 works without any visible issues but didn't syncronize local
time with time servers.
Both servers were executed with the same argument strings and the same
configureation files. I think that this issue may be related to
configuration(in config.h for example) but can't find the place.

Best wishes.