[ntp:questions] Failure of NIST Time Servers

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Jun 4 14:30:23 UTC 2011

Eugen ,

The remote NIST servers do not use the ACTS driver in the distribution.
They use an algorithm called lockclock that functions as a modem device
driver. I assume the unhealthy indication provided in the ACTS timecode
is translated to the NTP LI indicator via the local clock driver, but
Judah is using a relatively old and much modified version of the NTP
reference implementation, so it is not clear how this is done.

Dave