[ntp:questions] ntpd + GPS + PPS + Linux (Ubuntu Lucid)

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jun 9 15:51:57 UTC 2011

> The garmin 18x LVM apparently has a problem that it will somtimes
> deliver the nmea time aver 1 second after the pulse. This makes anything
> think that that time is associated with t he wrong second. I believe the
> latest gpsd has a fudge for this, but Garmin needs to get its act
> togetehr.

I believe there is a fix for this GPS 18x LVC problem due from Garmin in
the very near future - a week or two.  I will post details when I hear
more.  Garmin has an RSS feed for new releases.

  http://www8.garmin.com/company/newsroom/rssfeeds/index.html?activeBranchId=newsroom
  http://feeds.feedburner.com/garmin/VKiE

Cheers,
David