[ntp:questions] why does ntpq return zero even on failures?

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Mon Jun 13 04:24:21 UTC 2011

> Harlan,
>
> which is why I sent it to bugs list first, however it was rejected without an
> y explanation with:
>
> "Your request to the bugs mailing list
>
>     Posting of your message titled "ntpq return code upon failures"
>
> has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
> following reason for rejecting your request:
>
> "The best venue for your question is the comp.protocols.time.ntp
> Usenet newsgroup.
>
> If you don't have NNTP access please use Google Groups or the
> questions at lists.ntp.org mailing list (which is gatewayed to the NTP
> newsgroup)."

I did not see that message from you, so I do not know its content.

I was suggesting you open a bug report, which is done from
http://bugs.ntp.org .

We don't have enough volunteers to take emails to bugs@ and turn them in
to bug reports.  The next problem is we like to have the "reporter"
of a problem let us know if we've fixed the problem, and while we can
easily do that with our bugzilla, we do not have a good way to get that
feedback from email reports.