[ntp:questions] ntp server specs

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Mon Jun 13 07:03:10 UTC 2011

chipper wrote:
> If I wanted to feed a group of linux machine from a common PPS source,
> what hardware and which Linux would I need?

I'm not aware of any Linux distribution that wouldn't be suitable.

The most common way of feeding PPS is to use a modem control signal on a
serial port, although a parallel port might have a faster rise time.

Although the hardware to feed the signal is very simple, I'm not sure to
what extent it is available off the shelf above the chip level.