[ntp:questions] Atomic Signal Transmitter/Repeater???

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:19:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Terje Mathisen <"terje.mathisen at
tmsw.no"@ntp.org> wrote:
> mag3 wrote:
>>
>> What I'm looking for (and asking the NG), if they exist, are one or both
>> of
>> the following:
>>
>>        1)      A small, low power "transmitter" device that attaches to
>> your SOHO,
>>                receives the NTP signal, and then re-broadcasts it in
>> "radio broadcast"
>>                format for all your other atomic clock devices in the house
>> that receive
>>                via that signal?
>
> I have a feeling that the only thing missing would be an actual mW
> transmitter, tuned to the proper frequency, and gated by a signal line from
> an rs232 or printer port:
>
> The actual sw to wiggle said line according to the US/UK/GER transmitter
> rules would be trivial to write. :-)

You would not have to write it. An  time code generator is included
with the NTP source (the source file is .../utils/tg.c)  By default it
is not compiled.

Quote for the source code follows:

 * This program can generate audio signals that simulate the WWV/H
 * broadcast timecode. Alternatively, it can generate the IRIG-B
 * timecode commonly used to synchronize laboratory equipment. It is
 * intended to test the WWV/H driver (refclock_wwv.c) and the IRIG
 * driver (refclock_irig.c) in the NTP driver collection.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California