[ntp:questions] ntp client ipv6 support

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Thu Jun 16 00:44:21 UTC 2011

On 2011-06-15, Atul Gupta <atul14.kumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using ntp package ntp-4.2.4.tar.gz

This release is older than you think.

The current stable is ntp-4.2.6p3

ntp-4.2.4   == NTP-4 v2.4

ntp-4.2.6p3 == NTP-4 v2.6.3

> I want to run ntp client

There is no "ntp client". Either you're using ntpd, sntp, or ntpdate.

> in multicast client mode and i added following line
> in ntp.conf file :-
>
> *multicastclient ff05::101*
>
> But it seems there is no multicast socket opened on 123.
> ntp logs show following :-
>
> *addto_syslog: getaddrinfo: "ff05::101" invalid host address, ignored
> getaddrinfo: "ff05::101" invalid host address, ignored.*

Please try using the current stable release. It may be downloaded from
http://www.ntp.org/downloads.html or http://support.ntp.org/download

Also make sure that your IPv6 networking is configured correctly.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>