[ntp:questions] ipv6 multicast not working in ntp-4.2.6p3

Atul Gupta atul14.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 22:36:15 UTC 2011

Hi Steve,
Problem is coming not just in mibs but in other versions of linux.
and as pointed out by Danny Mayer in above mail thread that select() logs
are not problems they are coming as i was running ntpd in higher debug mode.
the problem i am facing is as below:-

I am able to receive the multicast packets from ntp server, but in log
  client displays something as "ignore" :-
*ignore on (10) fd=17 from fe80::20e:2eff:fe91:9ebc
  ignore on (10) fd=17 from fe80::20e:2eff:fe91:9ebc*

  where fe80::20e:2eff:fe91:9ebc is the server's address.*

  *And, client doesn't start unicast communication with server, and hence
  doesn't sync. Is the "ignore" word is also harmless or it has some
meaning.
  Please take a look at my ntp configuration as well.

  **driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift
log /var/log/apps.log

multicastclient ff02::101        # multicast client
  disable auth

*I have checked the ipv6 connectivity is fine and i am able to ping6 to the
host.*
*Thanks,
Atul.*
*