[ntp:questions] How to build ntp wih static link to openssl

m m evil.darth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 00:57:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Joe Smithian <joe.smithian at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried --disable-shared and --enable-static; they didn't work. It still
> built with the shared openssl library.
> Any other idea? Should I modify the configure or Makefile?

Save the output of the build, i.e.

 make > out 2>&1

That will give you the actual directory and syntax of the command that
was used to build the binaries.  You can then experiment with running
those commands interactively, making changes as needed for static
linking.  Once you figure that out, it's easier to go back to the
configure scripts and the other scripts to figure out what you needed
to set them to.

[resending to include list]