[ntp:questions] ntpd in a vmware server 2.x environment?

Tue Jun 21 21:58:02 UTC 2011

m m wrote:
> I know running ntpd in a virtual environment was
>  historically an issue, but I was under the impression
>  that these issues had been resolved.
>  Is ntpd in a VM still a problem?

Here are some links I've run across in the past related
 to VMware & NTP.  You'll likely need to look at the support
 files for your version of VMware.

13.6. VMware and NTP
<http://psp2.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/VMWareNTP>

9.2.2.1. VMware
<http://psp2.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/KnownOsIssues#Section_9.2.2.1.>

Timekeeping best practices for Linux guests (by Distro)
<http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=1006427>

<http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_timekeeping.pdf>

  will be added to the BlackLists.