[ntp:questions] What traffic from pool is normal ?

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Wed Jun 22 08:04:03 UTC 2011

Condor wrote:

> I use only one rule on my firewall and its a postrouting rule:
>  -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.1.0/24 -o eth1 -j SNAT --to-source external_ip

You need a rule that matches a specific internal address and port
UDP/123 and re-writes the source address to the public address on
output.  For input, you will need a rule that matches port UDP/123 and
re-writes the destination address to that of the internal NTP server.

For the details of how to do this, you need to consult your firewall
documentation.

> Can we pls did not discus my tcp/ip settings and to point over the
> problem how i can resolve it.

I'm sorry, but this is how internet forums of all sorts work.  If you
provide irrelevant examples of bad practice, you can expect them to be
torn to shreds in a long thread.