[ntp:questions] Flash 400 on all peers; can't get ntpd to be happy

Mon Mar 7 19:24:27 UTC 2011

Ralph wrote:
> Not to bash on the linux world, but I don't get why this
>  timing thing is so hard...
> I mean I understand it from a techinical perspective
>  because I've read all about how the hardware and timers
>  and stuff work, but practically speaking,
>  somebody needs to get with the program and find a solution.

When are you going to start working on it?

 ... or are you asking others to do free programming
  for you, to work around your unique problem?

> I've done many, many windows installs in Virtual PC,
>  VMWare, Hyper-V, and others and even without the VM
>  tools installed in the guest I've never had a clock
>  problem that was big enough to worry about.

If you have never had a problem, what are you complaining about?

> Sorry about the rant here but when all you want is for
>  the machine to do something basic like keep time and
>  you can't get it to work, it gets really frustrating.

Nothing that can't be fixed by the VM ware vendors, I'm sure.

  will be added to the BlackLists.