[ntp:questions] Flash 400 on all peers; can't get ntpd to be happy

unruh unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 8 16:54:41 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-08, Ralph <ralph at depth.net> wrote:
> Host OS is windows (2008 if we want to get specific)
>
> nose and corkskrew is nessecary because frankly I'm not
> accustomed to there being any difference between a guest
> OS and a physical OS in most cases and even when there is
> it hasn't been relevant what the host OS is.

It is when the underlying os has only a vague grasp on reality as far as
timing is concerned, and what you want is timing. Time is not something
ammenable to software control. It is an external. Isn't it good that you
have learned something, that there are some things where the underlying
OS does make a difference?