[ntp:questions] Flash 400 on all peers; can't get ntpd to be happy

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Thu Mar 10 22:33:13 UTC 2011

Rick Jones wrote:
> Uwe Klein <uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de> wrote:
>
>>What actually happened to the idea of different users ;-)
>

> Silly Uwe - timesharing is for old, slightly bulging guys with
> beards. :)
Have we met before in person ;-? ( How did you know )

> It requires too much thought to make sure that User A can't
> ever see anything of User B's and that Instance 1 of COTSware won't
> step on the toes of Instance 2...  It is so much easier to just slap
> an entire virtual "machine" onto the iron and be done with it...

And the naive expect this to be true and not just hiding another
set of much more convoluted problems that the simple task of
controlling access via 3 degrees of freedom would present.

IMHO most "leveragers" of VMs don't understand what happens in
their loved sandbox which completely destroys the
notion of a "controlled and escape proof environment"

G!
uwe