[ntp:questions] Sure Electronics GPS board: Amazingperformance. :-)

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Mar 31 18:15:44 UTC 2011

> I'd have to say the Motorola Oncore UT+ is the easiest to use.  All
> the connections are to  0.1" pitch male header pins so there is no
> need for solder.  The UT+ sells for about $16 on ebay.  The
> documentation is exhaustive and complete and written in "standard
> English".   And of course the UT is very accurate with a standard
> deviation in the PPS of about 49 nS.
>
> The newest version of this GPS is the M12M sold by Synergy Systems.
> It sells in qty 1 for $60 and comes with tech support from a US
> company and has PPS arcuate at the 2nS level.   I'll buy this one next
> I don't think the dps18 comes even close to 2ns.
>
> Here is the data sheet.
> http://www.synergy-gps.com/images/stories/pdf/m12mt_brochure.pdf
>

> --
> =====
> Chris Albertson
> Redondo Beach, California

The Sure was considerably easier to use, for me.  It comes with a USB
lead, so that's the +5V power done, and a serial connector right on the
board.  As accurate as any of the PCs I have.  It includes the GPS puck
antenna as well.  Not bad for US $34 (about one third of the price of the
Garmin GPS 18x LVC in the UK.

We are spoilt for choice!

Cheers,
David