[ntp:questions] Odd behaviour in a multicast setting (bug in ntpd???)

Marco Marongiu brontolinux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:25:28 UTC 2011

Il 01/09/2011 16:08, Dave Hart ha scritto:
> That may tell you nothing, but it tells me the issue you see with
> multicast servers showing up with 1024s poll interval is not a problem
> with the ntp-stable release 4.2.6p3, meaning it's also unlikely to be
> an issue with ntp-dev (4.2.7).

You can think it that way, you know the code better than I do, no doubt.

But I don't know the code, and I am not as sure as you. The bug is
difficult to reproduce with 4.2.4, so we may just have been lucky it
didn't appear in 4.2.6.

I'll keep doing my experiments for a while more. Considering how rude
you've been, I'm not sure I'll bother posting my findings back, should
the stable version break the same way.

Good luck to you, too.

-- M

PS: should you ever bother to know how not to be that rude, check Steve
Kostecke's answer. You may learn something.