[ntp:questions] garmin 18x and linux

Greg Hennessy greg.hennessy at cox.net
Sat Sep 3 19:43:59 UTC 2011

On 2011-09-03, David Woolley <david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> wrote:
> I was replying to someone that said they only wanted time to 1 second

As the person who started this, I wanted time to better than one
second, and claimed I didn't need time to the microsecond, nor even
the milli second, but I had a need for something I thought was
possible with a NMEA only gps source.

If you want to tell me that NTP isn't designed to work with an NMEA
only source, fine, but if so, you are the first person to make such an
argument.

> by asking on an NTP newsgroup, they are effectively asking for times
> that are significantly better than 128ms.

And since time better than 128 ms meets my requirement, I asked here.