[ntp:questions] Why does GPS time diverge from system time?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Apr 14 08:20:10 UTC 2012

"Dave Hart" <hart at ntp.org> wrote in message
news:CAMbSiYAzzFkjMAKnBc23Xd4SuLWtT6aGGG6AZXwyLX14YR88XA at mail.gmail.com...
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 19:01, Charles Elliott <elliott.ch at verizon.net>
> wrote:

It's difficult when you can only hear half the conversation.  Messages
from "Charles Elliott" are not making it to the comp.protocols.time.ntp
newsgroup (unless there's a fault on my PC or the Eternal September news
server).

  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=92a71a1c4b64fd41&id=92A71A1C4B64FD41!253#cid=92A71A1C4B64FD41&id=92A71A1C4B64FD41!255

It looks to me like no PPS is involved at all, just serial NMEA.  It would
be interesting to mark the 127.127.20.2 server as noselect, and I think
that the system (then synced to the LAN servers) would show the variation
in the NMEA timing more clearly.

Cheers,
David