[ntp:questions] WARNING: someone's faking a leap second tonight

steven Sommars stevesommarsntp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:33:25 UTC 2012

I've seen no evidence of a denial of service attack, bugs are more likely.
  Several stratum one servers have been advertising LI=1 continuously for
the past month.   Others alternate between LI=0 and LI=1.
Most servers claim to run ntpd.

There are over 10 stratum one's that advertise LI=1 as of Wed Aug  1
14:18:51 UTC 2012.   Unless this changes another false leap second could
occur on August 31, 2012