[ntp:questions] SNTP accuracy

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 20:17:59 UTC 2012

Hello,

I read in http://www.sematech.org/docubase/document/4736aeng.pdf that "SNTP
provides accuracy typically within 100 ms".
I would like to ask if this means that on a specific system combining two
machines connected by ethernet (LAN), it can be any number *changing in
run-time* within 100 msec or that we will reach more or less a constant
delay number. This is very important because in case it is a constant
number, even 98msec delay, we can always delete this delay time (98msec)
and get a time synchronization around zero. Is that right ?

Best Regards,
Ran