[ntp:questions] NTP constant delay ?

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 12:19:20 UTC 2012

Hello,

I intend to use SNTP protocol with 2 machines connected by LAN.
According to decumentatio about SNTP it sys that "SNTP provides
accuracy typically within 100 ms".
I would like to ask please what can we expect in our configuration
will the delay be constant within 100msec, meaning that we cn measure
it constant delay, or will it drift such that in one meanute is will
be delay X, and in other meanutes totally other delay within 100msec.
If the delay is constant, I assume that we can always delete this
delay constant X and get a time synchronization around zero. Is that a
right assumptuion ?

Thank you very much,
Ran