[ntp:questions] how do I lock in average frequency correction

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Feb 13 07:13:20 UTC 2012

"unruh" <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote in message
news:AMVZq.14470$9j5.828 at newsfe09.iad...
[]
> The problem on windows is I believe that there is no way to alter the
> system clock rate.

Directly on Windows, no, but this facility /does/ exist in the Windows
port of NTP to address clocks which are stable, but near or outside the
500 ppm error allowed:

  "Set the system environment variable: NTPD_TICKADJ_PPM to the value you
need.  On Windows XP, this is through the Control Panel.  System...,
System, Advanced..., Environment variables button, System variables.  Add
a New system variable, with the name NTPD_TICKADJ_PPM and the value 500
(or -500 if your ntp.drift was limiting at its negative extreme)."

Cheers,
David