[ntp:questions] how do I lock in average frequency correction

Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" at ntp.org
Tue Feb 14 09:48:31 UTC 2012

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> On 2/13/2012 2:36 AM, Dave Hart wrote:
>> That's OCXO, oven controlled crystal oscillator. Why X for crystal?
>
> Crystal is frequently abbreviated as XTAL. I think this usage may have
> originated in amateur radio.

It did.

All radio were amateur radio in those days.

I.e. my university ham radio club (LA1K, the recipient of the very first
ham sat diploma!) were forced to sell their founder stock in "The Radio
Society" when that company was nationalized in orderto serve as the
basis for Norwegian Public Radio.

Terje/la8nw
--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>