[ntp:questions] ntp version 4.2.7p257-o

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Mon Feb 20 04:09:09 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 02:57, Mark C. Stephens <marks at non-stop.com.au> wrote:
> Unfortunately, this RX is locked at 9600, no way (I have discovered)
> to change baud rate (do we stall call it that?!)

People often do refer to serial transmission rates as baud, but that'
s incorrect when there's no modem involved, it's bits per second or
bps.  Higher transmission rate modems get more than one bit per baud,
as I recall, so it's also incorrect to talk about a 33.6 baud modem to
modem link.

> Just curious which refclock driver it was, having never seen the line
> drawing characters popping up in the debug output before.  :)

I have not experienced the garbled characters.  I was hoping your UART
being overrun at high bps was the cause, but I'm sure it can manage
9600 cleanly.  So I'm not positive the pending fixes will cure that
aspect.

Cheers,
Dave Hart