[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.7p255 drops core on FreeBSD 8.2

Thomas Laus lausts at acm.org
Tue Feb 21 16:18:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-21, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> It's running fine on my FreeBSD 8.2 system.  That's with:
>
>   ntpd 4.2.7p255 at 1.2483 Fri Feb 10 06:04:36 UTC 2012 (1)
>
> built from source.  If you need any ntpq output from this system please
> let me know just what.  That's with a Garmin GPS 18 LVC.

David:

Did you use the 'ports system' to build your NTP?  Another question
is your FreeBSD system hardware.  Is your system multi-core and 64
bit?  I used the ports system to build mine and if you did not, then
it might be an issue to be addressed by the Port Maintainer and not
the NTP development team.

Tom

--
Public Keys: