[ntp:questions] ntp version 4.2.7p257-o

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Wed Feb 22 08:22:16 UTC 2012

> Could also do it in one line in bash, at the expense of incomprehension.
>
> echo $((12345678/(3600*24))) $((12345678/3600%24)) $((12345678/60%60))
> $((12345678%60))
>
> But what is the point.  Human readability is far more important than space.

[Mark C. Stephens]

That makes perfect sense to me, considering the time spent on my original script and the complexity, this just proves it is worthwhile learning these things properly.

I think we have veered off course a bit for this group, but I am enjoying everyone's different approach to the problem immensely, and I have learnt a lot to boot.

Many thanks,
Mark