[ntp:questions] Sure gps looses all satellite fixes

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Feb 28 06:38:00 UTC 2012

> There is a bnc at the receiver end of the antenna wire. That is inside
> the building. The antenna and the junctionless line are outside. The
> antenna is supposed to be waterproof, but I put it into a plastic bag
> just to keep the rain off it.

s/sattelite/satellite/

I would keep a careful check of the times when this happens.  Is it during
the working day, the working week?  When the humidity has become high, and
condensation on your bag blocks the signals?

My GPS 18 LVC has been sitting on the roof for the last several years
completely unprotected.

You mentioned a BNC connector, but the puck supplied with my Sure
Electronics board has an SMA connector matching the board itself.  What
adapters do you have in the path?

Cheers,
David