[ntp:questions] questions] Leapsecond on FreeBSD or Windows - no showstopper bugs, but ...

Charles Elliott elliott.ch at verizon.net
Tue Jul 3 11:01:55 UTC 2012

Before you change a lot of Windows code, and for what it is worth, NTPD's
leap second insertion logic appeared to work perfectly on my machine.  There
are just two relevant messages in the Event Log:

06/29/2012 20:46:06 Detected positive leap second announcement for
2012-07-01 00:00:00 UTC
06/30/2012 20:00:00 Inserting positive leap second.

Unfortunately, on Jun 22, 2012 one of my motherboards quit, and I had to
replace it with a spare, whose O/S was on a different partition, one that
did not have the leap seconds file.  Hence there is also this message:

06/29/2012 20:45:49 leapseconds file
C:\PROGRA~2\NTP\etc\leap-seconds.3535142400: No such process

This machine is running the following version of NTPD: ntpd 4.2.7p273-o Apr
19 5:55:22.55 (UTC-00:00) 2012  (1)

Charles Elliott