[ntp:questions] shared memory driver not working under windows4.2.7p273++ build?

Kennedy, Paul P.Kennedy at fugro.com.au
Thu Jul 5 00:26:32 UTC 2012

>These simply indicate that as you noticed, the Windows port currently
does not include the SHM driver.  However, the ?code in refclock_shm.c
once was portable to Windows, and probably can be made so again without
too much effort.  You'll need to edit ports\winnt\include\config.h to
#define CLOCK_SHM to enable it, then fix any problems compiling the code
under Windows.

pk>>Indeed, we did get this up and running a couple of years back with a
forked version ntp, but we then abandoned the fork in favour of your
ongoing builds.  If we sort this out and test it, would you consider
merging it into your codebase?  We really do not want to fork off
permanently, especially with win8 in the offing.