[ntp:questions] shared memory driver not working under windows4.2.7p273++ build?

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Thu Jul 5 08:40:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Kennedy, Paul <P.Kennedy at fugro.com.au> wrote:

>>These simply indicate that as you noticed, the Windows port currently
> does not include the SHM driver.  However, the ?code in refclock_shm.c
> once was portable to Windows, and probably can be made so again without
> too much effort.  You'll need to edit ports\winnt\include\config.h to
> #define CLOCK_SHM to enable it, then fix any problems compiling the code
> under Windows.
>
> pk>>Indeed, we did get this up and running a couple of years back with a
> forked version ntp, but we then abandoned the fork in favour of your
> ongoing builds.  If we sort this out and test it, would you consider
> merging it into your codebase?  We really do not want to fork off
> permanently, especially with win8 in the offing.

Yes, of course, we're interested in supporting the SHM driver on
Windows.  I don't know why it was left out of the Windows build, but I
never had anything to test it with so I didn't do anything to enable
it.

Patches can be submitted via http://bugs.ntp.org/ attachments (please
be careful to indicate it's a patch on the upload page).

Cheers,
Dave Hart