[ntp:questions] Broadcast server with external one

Glencu Glencu glencek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:58:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

There is a PC which acts as broadcast server for my subnet AND as unicast
client which points to external server. Everything works ok and my question
is rather theoretical. So, I'm killing the connection with external server
and I'm getting two results:

1. If external server is working for some single minutes ( like 20
minutes)- I synchronize PC and then I kill the connection the brodcast
server stops to send the packets

2. If external server is working for longer period of time (like two days)
- I synchronize PC and then I kill the connection the broadcast server does
not stop to send packets - it even does not do that after one or even two
days.

I would expect that in second case server would also stop to broadcast. Am
I right? I think it has something common with external server stabuility.
Sorry, If the topic was already covered. I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks!