[ntp:questions] losing time fast

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Jul 13 09:53:24 UTC 2012

On 13/07/2012 10:00, Rob wrote:
[]

> The pool DNS server, when you use "pool pool.ntp.org" or "server pool.ntp.org",
> lookup your IP address in a location database and give you a server from
> the country you are residing in.  No need to use uk. or nl. anymore, that
> is only a leftover from the past.

Thanks, Rob.

I just altered the PC to use the pool without the uk., and it seems to
me that the selected servers have a greater delay than those I got using
uk.pool, and I got two .nl servers.  I'll leave it like that for a
while, as avoiding the country-specific addresses should be good for
that PC, in principle.

I wish the pool command was described somewhere where Goggle found it
more easily!

--
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu