[ntp:questions] Facing some issue in the ntp version Ver. 4.2.6p1

bhargav p bhargav.1226 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:55:30 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Could any one help me regarding the below issue which I am facing with the
ntp-4.2.6p1 version.

I am changing the date of my linux box.

For example :

initially date is

# date
Tue Jul 17 14:00:30 EEST 2012
Changing the date to:
# date -s 14:05:40
Tue Jul 17 14:05:40 EEST 2012
And after that I am trying to synch with -q option so that I can synch and
exit

# /usr/sbin/ntpd -u ntp:ntp -g -n -q -c /etc/ntp_master.conf
ntpd: time slew +0.000000s

The above behaviour is with the ntp version ntp-4.2.6p1 .

And also I checked with Ver. 4.2.4p0..there it is behaving properly. Please
find the output:

# /root/ntpd -u ntp:ntp -g -n -q -c /etc/ntp_master.conf
ntpd: received offset is  -298.822448s
ntpd: time set -298.822448s

And it is properly synchronized and exited. This is in version 4.2.4p0
where orking fine.

Could you please anyone can help me regarding the issue facing in 4.2.6p1.
# /usr/sbin/ntpd -u ntp:ntp -g -n -q -c /etc/ntp_master.conf
ntpd: time slew +0.000000s

Is there any known issues regarding this.Please help me in solving this
issue.

Thanks in Advance.

-----Bhargav

--
Regards

Puvvada Bhargav
R&D Engineer | NOKIA SIEMENS NETWORKS* India* | Bangalore
 Mob. + 919741040458
puvvada.bhargav at nsn.com