[ntp:questions] Regarding updation of IP addresses in the ntpd.conf file

Sat Jul 21 22:00:00 UTC 2012

On 7/21/2012 11:15 AM, Brian Utterback wrote:
> BlackLists wrote:
>> pool pool.ntp.org
>
> Does the logic that does this lookup repeat the lookup
>  more than 70 seconds later to get new addresses?

I''d have to go read the source code again to be certain,
 of exactly what happens when.

 Whenever it has less than 10 refclocks,
  it could be days, weeks or months after it is started
  that it discards a server.

 The interval would be related to the poll rate,
  as after a poll (or 3? unsuccessful polls),
  it decides if it is going to discard a server,

  will be added to the BlackLists.