[ntp:questions] Facing some issue in the ntp version Ver. 4.2.6p1

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at oracle.com
Mon Jul 23 13:01:35 UTC 2012

That section of code is examining the root distance, which is the error
introduced by the number of hops between this system and the ultimate
source of time in this NTP network, i.e. the current root refclock.  If
the root distance is too large, we reject the source and flag it as
failing test11. If the source of time we are examining is not a peer at
all, but is instead a refclock itself, then by definition the root
distance is 0 and therefore it cannot fail this test.