[ntp:questions] Facing some issue in the ntp version Ver. 4.2.6p1

bhargav p bhargav.1226 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 06:23:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I am confused with what is a leaf node and non-leaf node.

entirely.  The local clock needs to be treated as a refclock, so that time
served remains valid indefinitely.  On modern ntpd's, even without orphan
mode or local clock drivers, a non-leaf node will continue to serve time
long after its sources have gone away.  However the root distance will
increase until its clients decide it is too great

I have not removed local clock. I just removed the check, still my local
address configuration is preset in my conf file.

In why earlier versions of ntpd this flag check is not there?