[ntp:questions] Facing some issue in the ntp version Ver. 4.2.6p1

DaveB g8kbv at uko2.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 14:49:52 UTC 2012

In article <IjcQr.25769$%Y2.10468 at newsfe02.iad>, unruh at invalid.ca
says...

> On 2012-07-26, bhargav p <bhargav.1226 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Please find my scenario:
> >
> > I have one machinewhich will have multiple blades[nodes] as below:

> > Let say A,B,C,D,E are nodes in one machine..
>
> ??? What do you mean they are nodes on one machine? So you mean that
> BCDE are virutal machines? Why do they not simply get their time from A,
> not via ntp but just reading thetime?

Ah...  The term "Blade" has been used.

>From my limited understanding of these. a "Blade" I think is a near
complete physical PC, but in a mechanical format where several of them
can slot into a rack, forming a cluster of "PC's", within one "machine".

Popular with server farms, where many can share common power
supplies/cooling etc.

Result...  An awful lot of computing power in a small space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_server
might help.

Regards.

Dave B.