[ntp:questions] NTP server near Houston?

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Mon Jun 4 21:36:39 UTC 2012

Ron Frazier (NTP) wrote:

> I don't understand the statement in your email address regarding blacklists.  Since it is necessary to hit "reply all" in order to post to this message list, it is expected that said replies will be going to all the addresses in the message header.  Why would anything be added to a black list?

For many people, this is not a mailing list, but the news group
news:comp.protocols.time.ntp.  There is some argument about which came
first, but they are gatewayed together.  The article you are referring
to was posted via usenet (actually using groups.google).

Also, traditionally, it was bad etiquette to reply all to a mailing list
  without deleting the direct reply address.  Unfortunately, that, and
the taboo on cross posting, seem to have been lost.